By BiztechAfrica – June 13, 2013, 8:28 a.m.
Avaya today announced the Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office, an all new video collaboration solution designed specifically for the small and midsize enterprise segment (SME). The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office provides simple, affordable yet comprehensive desktop, mobile and HD room-system video collaboration capabilities. Avaya IP Office is the company’s flagship unified communications solution for small and midsize enterprises.
According to research firm IDC, 30 percent of midsized firms are currently using some videoconferencing resources beyond simple webcams. Intentions are at roughly the same level, which sets the stage for significant growth – the number of small and midsized firms using video collaboration could potentially double in the next 12 months[i].
“In a recent third-party report IP Office was recognised as the leading UC solution for small and mid-sized enterprises based on TCO, maintenance requirements and ease of deployment. By adding high-quality video collaboration capabilities to IP Office, we are raising the bar in terms of what customers should expect from their vendors. No one in the market offers a more comprehensive UC solution specifically designed for SMEs in the areas of features, simplicity, and affordability,” says Mark Monday, Vice President, Product Management, Collaboration Platforms, Avaya.
The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution is unique in its ability to deliver BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and HD room-system capabilities in a single, highly affordable and easy to deploy solution for SMEs. It delivers rich collaborative capabilities that help increase productivity, enhance customer service, and lower the overall cost of doing business.
The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution offers the following features:
- Direct integration including a common dial plan with Avaya IP Office Version 8.1.
- A “virtual conference room” for up to eight participants with click-to-join capabilities from any standards-based room system, desktop or mobile device.
- Freely distributed desktop and mobile video clients for PCs, Macs and the most popular iOS and Android devices – enabling those inside and outside an organization to easily join a video meeting.
- Low-bandwidth, HD multi-party video conferencing and rich data collaboration via native SIP/H.323.
- The collaboration solution can also be deployed in an HD video conferencing room system configuration for maximum flexibility and value.
- Automatic firewall traversal allows SMEs to engage with participants outside their network, enabling face-to-face meetings with customers and partners to help strengthen business relationships.
1 IDC Report: SMB Telephony: Current/Planned Telecom Resource Use, 2013