VMware announces general availability of new solutions for building, managing and protecting softwar
VMware, the global leader in virtualisation and cloud infrastructure, has announced the general availability of VMware NSX 6.1, VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8, VMware vCloud Suite 5.8, VMware vRealize Operations Insight, VMware vRealize Suite 6, and VMware vSphere Data Protection Advanced 5.8 to help organisations build, manage and protect their software-defined data centre environments. Additionally, VMware is announcing the availability of VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office.
Featuring the industry's most complete product portfolio for implementing and operating a software-defined data centre, VMware has advanced the capabilities of:
- VMware NSX 6.1 helps improve the security, scalability and performance of the software-defined data centre and hybrid cloud. The new release includes several additions such as further advancement of network micro-segmentation capabilities, scale-out NSX Edge (equal cost multi-path routing), enhancements to VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.1 integration, and improved hybrid cloud connectivity. With VMware NSX, customers can enable use cases for self-service IT and also have an economically and operationally feasible way to deploy network micro-segmentation to transform data centre security architecture. Learn more about VMware NSX and micro-segmentation here.
- VMware vCloud Suite 5.8 is the new release of the integrated offering for building and managing vSphere private clouds based on a software-defined data centre architecture to enable organisations to achieve critical IT outcomes around efficiency, control and agility. The suite introduces new policy-based provisioning capabilities and integrations that enable organisations to add disaster recovery services via VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8 as well as enhanced networking and security services to their applications and infrastructure. Learn morehere.
- VMware vRealize Operations Insight is a new integrated offering that delivers performance management, capacity optimisation, and real-time log analytics as an add-on solution to VMware vSphere with Operations Management. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Suite 6 is a new cloud management platform that combines the capabilities of VMware's existing cloud automation, cloud operations and cloud business management solutions into a single offering. The comprehensive platform is purpose-built to manage heterogeneous environments and hybrid clouds, and enables IT to deliver infrastructure and applications at the speed of business but with the control IT requires. Enhancements to the suite include additional features for extending custom-built automation capabilities, simplified deployment and management of multi-tier applications, and an improved user experience. Learn more here.
- VMware vSphere Data Protection Advanced 5.8 introduces enhanced support for business-critical applications, augmented replication capabilities as well as customisable proxies and backup work streams to protect VMware vSphere environments. Learn more here.
- VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office is a new solution using VMware vSphere 5.5 Update 2 that enables organisations with multiple sites seeking to take advantage of virtualisation to rapidly provision servers, minimise of host configuration drift, and enhance visibility into regulatory compliance. Learn more here.
Customers, partners and prospects can trial some of the newly available offerings, among existing products, at the VMware Hands-on Labs Online (registration required).