Harare, Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe’ s Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, POTRAZ, has compiled a complete register of all the country’ s registered SIM cards, and has ordered the suspensions of service to around three million unregistered SIMs.

This follows the closing date for SIM card registrations in the country on 28 February this year.

Once the deadline passed, the country’ s telecoms operators, NetOne, Telecel and Econet, downloaded data about their registered subscribers to the national registry.

Around 70% of Zimbabwe’ s mobile phone users had registered their SIM cards before the deadline. The remaining 30% or three million SIMS, are now having their connections terminated.

Share this News
Share |
Subscribe to our Daily Newsletter here