Kinetic Events confirms Ghana to host region's premier IT focused summit
The annual IT Leaders West Africa Summit in Ghana in November will focus on enterprise challenges facing West Africa’s IT industry.
The annual IT Leaders West Africa Summit will take place from 28 to 29 November 2012 in the heart of Ghana’s esteemed capital city, Accra.
The summit is produced by international business-to-business conferencing company, Kinetic Events; key strategic information providers to the IT and telecoms sector within Africa.
South Africa, Republic of, Sep 2012 - The IT Leaders West Africa Summit is bringing together the greatest players, both local and international, across the IT industry in West Africa to network and discuss business with this year’s theme of driving business forward through innovation.
West Africa’s ICT industry is set to take centre stage at the summit this year as the industry sector has forecasted exponential growth in the next years. In a report released earlier this year, it was revealed that West Africa’s mobile communications markets within Nigeria, Cameroon and the Ivory Coast alone earned combined revenue of an estimated $8.6 billion in 2009, and according to this business research report this is estimated to reach $12.6 billion by 2016. The mobile communications market in West Africa is one of the focus points set to be discussed at the summit in November.
The summit will provide a unique and exclusive business-to-business platform for IT executives and industry leaders within West Africa to share experiences, network among peers and engage in interactive discussions with fellow senior executives, government officials, senior decision makers and international industry guest speakers.
The summit will focus on enterprise challenges facing West Africa’s IT industry, preventing enterprises within the country from reaching the international standards of first world nations. The summit will address today's top ICT and operations issues, and technological advancements impacting the enterprise with strategic guidance and actionable tactics.
Discover the most effective solutions in delivering IT projects and services that will enable business growth and innovation, while successfully leveraging existing resources and investments. Advance goals of operational excellence through powerfully demonstrating the value of IT organisation to the enterprise. Attendees will actively engage in topical discussions addressing how IT industry challenges can be overcome through effective innovation with the productive alignment of business.
International guest presenters represent CIOs, government officials and IT leaders from all major industries; addressing crucial topics including innovative tactics to best improve IT processes and operations, and future industry trends and technological advancements to effectively improve enterprise infrastructure.
Invited guest speakers include:
- Hon. Sherry Ayittey, Minister of Environment, Science and Technology
- Professor Clement Dzidonu, President - AIT University of the Future
- Dr. Peter Okenyi, Ph.D.,CISSP,CISM, CEO, AISEC Group, USA
- CK Bruce, President - International Systems Audit & Control Association (ICASA), Ghana Chapter
- Kwadwo Ntim, CIO - Ghana Payment and Settlement Systems (GhIPSS)
- Saidu Abdullahi, Head of IT - Cadbury Nigeria Plc
- Samuel Quarshie, CIO - Ghana Health Service
- Tunde Coker, Group CIO - Access Bank Plc., Nigeria
- Abel Daitey, Manager Electronic Channels - Merchant Bank, Ghana
- Chukuemeka Fred Agbata, CEO - CFA Leverage
- Hon. Haruna Iddrisu, Minister of Communications, Ghana
- Dr Nii Quaynor, Chairman - NITA Ghana
- Professor Cleopas Angaye, Director General - National Information Technology Development Agency, Nigeria (NITDA)
- Kofi Totobi Quakyi, Chairman - Ghana National Communications Authority
- Julius Ativie, Director ICT - Nigerian Breweries
- Lucas Chigabatia, Group CIO - Anglogold Ashanti
- Dr William Tevi, Director General, NITA, Ghana
- Alhassan Umar, CEO, ITES Ghana
- Kofi Totobi Quakyi, Chairman, National Communications Authority
The IT Leaders West Africa Summit is bringing together the greatest players, both local and international, across the IT industry in West Africa to network and discuss business with this year’s theme of driving the business forward through innovation.
For more information, visit www.itleaders-westafrica.com