Innovation Africa 2013 in Gaborone
AfricanBrains – part of The Brains Network – is proud to announce Innovation Africa 2013, taking place 15-17 October in Gaborone, Botswana. It is organised under the patronage of the Botswana Ministry of Education & Skills Development and continues The Brains Network’s highly productive series of meetings-based summits with an unmatched track record in bringing government ministers and officials to join industry leaders in one-to-one meetings.
Their last 3 summits in Amman, Cape Town and Victoria Falls attracted over 50 ministers and deputies along with over 200 government officials.
Pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings
Like all events under The Brains Network it is the pre-scheduled face-to-face meetings that make participation essential and offer maximum return on the valuable time of the international delegates and partners. The summit will include over 35 hosted roundtables. Prior to the start of the event all industry partners and delegates will have access to an online scheduling system to personally choose their preferred meetings and create their own agenda for the event.
With the full support and patronage of the Government of Botswana, The Brains Network will be working to bring a record number of ministers, officials, universities and ICT leaders to Gaborone from across sub-Saharan Africa.
Ministerial Panel Discussions
Hon. Pelonomi Venson-Moitoi, Botswana Minister for Education & Skills Development will make the opening welcome speech to Innovation Africa 2013. The morning agendas will be devoted entirely to Q & A panel discussions. The format will tackle key issues and ask tough questions of ministers and officials participating in the panels, with a strong focus on:
• ICT for Education, Technologies, Standards, E-Learning & M-Learning
• Curriculum Development & Teacher Training
• Communications Infrastructure, Broadband and Last Mile Connectivity
• Vocational Skills & Reforming Higher Education
• Rural Educational Development, Special Needs & Community Access
• Early Learning & Innovative Teaching Models
• Science, Mathematics, Engineering & Technology
• University Research, African Digital Content, Libraries & Learning Resources
• Technology Innovation Hubs, Digital Media & Knowledge Economy
For more information please visit www.africanbrains.net/ia2013
To register your interest please visit www.innovation-africa.com/2013/register or email [email protected]