Den Sullivan

With only 1% of devices that can be connected, currently connected to the internet, Cisco highlighted its vision for connecting the other 99% in an Internet of Everything world, during the opening of Cisco Connect in South Africa yesterday.

Under the banner ‘Tomorrow starts here’, Cisco’s annual technology forum kicked off at Sun City last night. The event, showcasing new ideas and technologies from Cisco and its partners, focuses on how the Internet of Everything can be achieved, and how it will change business, public sector and everyday life.

Den Sullivan, Head of Architectures and Enterprise, Cisco Emerging Markets, noted that Cisco’s recent acquisitions and focus areas were all aimed at fast-tracking its vision of a converged, connected future.

The two-day event, attended by delegates from across Africa and abroad, will cover the opportunities presented in an Internet of Everything world, and will discuss convergence, cloud, next generation networks and security in this new environment.

Share this News
Share |
Subscribe to our Daily Newsletter here
comments powered by Disqus