SMS campaign to seek Uganda’s top brands
The Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) is running an SMS voting campaign to find the top 50 brands in Uganda.
PSFU, in partnership with the government, plans to recognise the top 50 Proudly Ugandan brands at the country’s 50th independence celebrations on 9 October this year.
In the run-up to the celebrations, it has called for nominations for the local brands that have best served the market for over 10 years.
Top brands in the following sectors will be recognised:
- Engineering, Energy & ICT
- Banking, Insurance and Finance
- Extractive Industries/Mining, Oil and Gas
- Skills, Health, Education and Professional Organisations
- Tourism, Transport, Haulage, Trade and Commerce
Companies wishing to be considered should download and complete an application form before 18 July, after which public voting will take place via SMS.