SA Cyber Threat Barometer available for download
The Wolf Pack 2012/2013 SA Cyber Threat Barometer report is now available for free download.
The report, officially launched in Johannesburg last week, is described as Wolf Pack’s most ambitious research project yet.
Among other issues, the report covers:
- Global cyber security models from USA / UK / Brazil / Russia / India / China and South Africa
- Cybercrime initiatives in 12 African countries
- A framework for analysing the cost of cybercrime and losses calculated for South Africa
- Proposed initiatives for South Africa including a National Cyber Security Academy / CSIRT / National Awareness programme
- Feedback from workshops with government, financial and telecom stakeholders
Wolf Pack Managing Director Craig Rosewarne says the intention of this project was to collaborate with key local and international stakeholders to help raise awareness of cyber threats at a strategic level, forge relationships across key sectors and to help fast-track the selection of the best cyber threat countermeasures.
"For phase two, we wish to increase the scope to include a number of other African countries," he says.
To download a full copy of the report sponsored by the British High Commission please click here.
Recent Information Security News
Petya/NotPetya: world reacts28 Jun