SA bank takes personal financial management online
INDUSTRY| Sept. 6, 2012, 10:10 a.m.
Yodlee today announced a partnership with South African bank Nedbank to power personal financial management (PFM) solutions for their customers throughout South Africa and in their offshore locations.
Nedbank's MyFinancialLife™ online offering is now available and, via Yodlee's account aggregation technology, consumers can calculate their net worth, analyze spending, budget, save for goals and more. Nedbank is Yodlee's first financial institution partner in South Africa, breaking new ground in providing personal financial management solutions to customers directly from a bank.
"PFM is a relatively new concept in South Africa, but we have seen rapid adoption and consumer acceptance of aggregation-powered money management services," said Bill Parsons, head of global sales at Yodlee. "Through partnerships with leading institutions like Nedbank, we're getting significant traction in South Africa and are thrilled to bring smart PFM tools to over five million more consumers."
Yodlee's account aggregation technology links account information from banks and non-banking service providers in a highly-secure environment. Nedbank's MyFinancialLife is a flexible, free PFM solution for individuals, families and micro-businesses.
At launch, MyFinancialLife™ provides six main functions to users, who can customize their dashboard in line with their individual financial interests & requirements:
- 'net worth calculation' – consolidated view of your financial position, based on financial accounts linked or non-financial assets added manually; for Nedbank clients this will be pre-populated for most Nedbank accounts.
- 'spend analysis' - graphical depiction of spend based on the categorized card and electronic transactions. Initially a manual intervention, the system will automatically recognize all your transactions repeated with the same supplier.
- 'budgeting' – budgeting functionality that allows you to track your actual spend against your planned spend.
- 'saving for a goal' – a goal-save tool that allows you to set goals, categorise them, choose an amount you would like to save during a specific timeframe - and then calculates how much should be put aside to meet your goal – such as saving for a holiday, education or buying a new car.
- 'alerts' - alerts, set on budgeting or goal-save functions according to individual needs, to be sent via e-mail or SMS. You can, for instance, set up alerts when 50% of your allowed credit card limit has been reached or when you have exceeded a budgeted amount on a specific spend category
- 'calendar view' – allows you to track debit orders against payments that need to be made, making it easy to view weekly, monthly or yearly transactions, ensuring that you have always planned to have sufficient funds available.
"At Nedbank, we're committed to empowering South Africans to achieve their financial goals. Secure, easy-to-use PFM tools that provide insight into one's full financial picture are essential to consumers' financial fitness," said Ingrid Johnson, Group Managing Executive Retail and Business Banking at Nedbank. "Yodlee helps make PFM a seamless, highly-secure experience for consumers at all stages of financial life."
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
Business Connexion Partners with Kentico to offer Content Management SolutionBusiness Connexion (BCX) today announced it has entered a partnership with Kentico Software, the Web Content and Customer Experience Management provider, to provide customers with leading content management systems developed using the Microsoft Technology stack. Read More
CA Technologies introduces the Management CloudCA Southern Africa has revealed that at the recently held WORLD ’14, CA Technologies introduced the Management Cloud – a broad portfolio of easy-to-use CA applications, delivered from the cloud, that enable customers to make the right portfolio decisions, deliver exceptional service experience and empower the modern, mobile workforce. Read More
Palladium leads the charge for accountantsPalladium Software has partnered with the Southern African Institute of Business Accountants (SAIBA) and will now offer its clients and business partners one year's free membership with the Institute. Read More
Wallettec brings mobile payment solutions to businessFor the first time in Africa, it is possible for businesses to process mobile payment transactions at any Point of Sale and allow mobile money users to pay with their digital or crypto currency not only online but bricks and mortar as well, thanks to Wallettec. Read More
Pamoja and SEACOM – strength in the CloudPamoja, a leading Cloud services company, continues to dominate this area of the market and is progressing in its quest to cultivate a Cloud services marketplace for the continent. The Company is achieving this by leveraging one of its primary differentiating qualities, namely the ongoing investment of network capacity by ... Read More
Acer to meet global carbon emissions reduction goal ahead of 2015 targetWith the use of 100% green electricity by Acer’s U.S. operations, the ratio of green power usage by Acer worldwide will exceed 30% by the end of 2014. Read More
MakerBot Expands 3D printer distribution and sales to South AfricaMakerBot has partnered with Rectron SA to distribute its 3D printers and scanners in the region. Read More
RAD to Exhibit the First Customer Edge Distributed NFV Solution and Ecosystem at AfricaCom 2014RAD has announced that it will be exhibiting the industry’s first dedicated customer-edge Distributed Network Functions Virtualization (D-NFV) solution at AfricaCom 2014. Read More
BMG selects JDA Cloud solutionsJDA Software Group has announced that Bearing Man Group (BMG), a leading engineering solutions provider in Africa, has selected JDA Cloud for the JDA® Demand, JDA® Fulfillment and JDA® Warehouse Management solutions from the JDA Distribution Centric Supply Chain suite to gain better visibility and insight into regional demand for ... Read More
FEATURED STORYGSMA: half a billion mobile subscribers in SSA by 2020
The number of unique mobile subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa will pass the half billion mark in 2020, says a new GSMA report.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHAfrica lags on digital migration
Only three African countries have so far completed the digital migration process, and serious issues are hampering the migration in other nations.
COMPANY NEWSLeading through volatility in Africa
For the businesses that are prepared to face the storm and manage the volatility afflicting the continent, there are still huge rewards to be had from doing business ...