SA bank takes personal financial management online
INDUSTRYBy BiztechAfrica - Sept. 6, 2012, 10:10 a.m.
Yodlee today announced a partnership with South African bank Nedbank to power personal financial management (PFM) solutions for their customers throughout South Africa and in their offshore locations.
Nedbank's MyFinancialLife™ online offering is now available and, via Yodlee's account aggregation technology, consumers can calculate their net worth, analyze spending, budget, save for goals and more. Nedbank is Yodlee's first financial institution partner in South Africa, breaking new ground in providing personal financial management solutions to customers directly from a bank.
"PFM is a relatively new concept in South Africa, but we have seen rapid adoption and consumer acceptance of aggregation-powered money management services," said Bill Parsons, head of global sales at Yodlee. "Through partnerships with leading institutions like Nedbank, we're getting significant traction in South Africa and are thrilled to bring smart PFM tools to over five million more consumers."
Yodlee's account aggregation technology links account information from banks and non-banking service providers in a highly-secure environment. Nedbank's MyFinancialLife is a flexible, free PFM solution for individuals, families and micro-businesses.
At launch, MyFinancialLife™ provides six main functions to users, who can customize their dashboard in line with their individual financial interests & requirements:
- 'net worth calculation' – consolidated view of your financial position, based on financial accounts linked or non-financial assets added manually; for Nedbank clients this will be pre-populated for most Nedbank accounts.
- 'spend analysis' - graphical depiction of spend based on the categorized card and electronic transactions. Initially a manual intervention, the system will automatically recognize all your transactions repeated with the same supplier.
- 'budgeting' – budgeting functionality that allows you to track your actual spend against your planned spend.
- 'saving for a goal' – a goal-save tool that allows you to set goals, categorise them, choose an amount you would like to save during a specific timeframe - and then calculates how much should be put aside to meet your goal – such as saving for a holiday, education or buying a new car.
- 'alerts' - alerts, set on budgeting or goal-save functions according to individual needs, to be sent via e-mail or SMS. You can, for instance, set up alerts when 50% of your allowed credit card limit has been reached or when you have exceeded a budgeted amount on a specific spend category
- 'calendar view' – allows you to track debit orders against payments that need to be made, making it easy to view weekly, monthly or yearly transactions, ensuring that you have always planned to have sufficient funds available.
"At Nedbank, we're committed to empowering South Africans to achieve their financial goals. Secure, easy-to-use PFM tools that provide insight into one's full financial picture are essential to consumers' financial fitness," said Ingrid Johnson, Group Managing Executive Retail and Business Banking at Nedbank. "Yodlee helps make PFM a seamless, highly-secure experience for consumers at all stages of financial life."
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
Office365 becomes PersonalMicrosoft has announced the local availability of its latest business productivity software offering, namely Office 365 Personal. Read More
CA Technologies launches industry's first management cloud for mobilityCA Southern Africa has revealed that CA Technologies has launched the industry’s first, comprehensive Management Cloud for Mobility. Read More
Samsung expands wearable line with Samsung Gear FitThe Samsung Gear Fit, the industry’s first curved Super AMOLED wearable device has been unveiled in Ghana by at the official media launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Read More
Azanuru launches new cloud solutionsAzanuru has launched two new cloud solutions aimed at expanding the cloud options for businesses in Kenya. Read More
Nomanini expands Southern African operationsNomanini has announced the expansion of its Southern African operations after securing a partnership with a distributor of mobile prepaid in Mozambique. Read More
Vodafone Egypt selects OpenCloudOpenCloud has announced that it has been chosen by Vodafone Egypt to provide its Rhino service-layer to enable delivery of new services. Read More
SAP offers new, free online classesSAP offers new, free online classes on SAP® Business Suite powered by SAP HANA® Read More
Axis upgrades top-of-the-line pan/tilt/zoom AXIS Q60 seriesAxis Communications has upgraded its entire top-of-the-line AXIS Q60 PTZ Dome Network Camera Series for improved image quality, light sensitivity and enhanced capacity for intelligent video. Read More
ARM, NetClean fight child exploitationARM, the distributor of NetClean for Sub-Saharan Africa, has partnered with NetClean to combat online child exploitation. Read More
FEATURED STORYKenyan shift to Green Economy would generate USD 45bn by 2030
Kenya’s transition to a green economy could produce major economic benefits equivalent to an estimated USD 45 billion by 2030, a new study shows.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHE-waste threatens Ghana’s beaches
Many beaches in Ghana, already stressed by pollution and poor maintenance, are now facing a new threat: e-waste.
COMPANY NEWSFurther African expansion for Phoenix
Phoenix Distribution, a leading broad-based distributor on the African continent, has expanded its office in Nairobi, Kenya, in a move to better serve its partners in East ...