SA bank takes personal financial management online
INDUSTRY| Sept. 6, 2012, 10:10 a.m.
Yodlee today announced a partnership with South African bank Nedbank to power personal financial management (PFM) solutions for their customers throughout South Africa and in their offshore locations.
Nedbank's MyFinancialLife™ online offering is now available and, via Yodlee's account aggregation technology, consumers can calculate their net worth, analyze spending, budget, save for goals and more. Nedbank is Yodlee's first financial institution partner in South Africa, breaking new ground in providing personal financial management solutions to customers directly from a bank.
"PFM is a relatively new concept in South Africa, but we have seen rapid adoption and consumer acceptance of aggregation-powered money management services," said Bill Parsons, head of global sales at Yodlee. "Through partnerships with leading institutions like Nedbank, we're getting significant traction in South Africa and are thrilled to bring smart PFM tools to over five million more consumers."
Yodlee's account aggregation technology links account information from banks and non-banking service providers in a highly-secure environment. Nedbank's MyFinancialLife is a flexible, free PFM solution for individuals, families and micro-businesses.
At launch, MyFinancialLife™ provides six main functions to users, who can customize their dashboard in line with their individual financial interests & requirements:
- 'net worth calculation' – consolidated view of your financial position, based on financial accounts linked or non-financial assets added manually; for Nedbank clients this will be pre-populated for most Nedbank accounts.
- 'spend analysis' - graphical depiction of spend based on the categorized card and electronic transactions. Initially a manual intervention, the system will automatically recognize all your transactions repeated with the same supplier.
- 'budgeting' – budgeting functionality that allows you to track your actual spend against your planned spend.
- 'saving for a goal' – a goal-save tool that allows you to set goals, categorise them, choose an amount you would like to save during a specific timeframe - and then calculates how much should be put aside to meet your goal – such as saving for a holiday, education or buying a new car.
- 'alerts' - alerts, set on budgeting or goal-save functions according to individual needs, to be sent via e-mail or SMS. You can, for instance, set up alerts when 50% of your allowed credit card limit has been reached or when you have exceeded a budgeted amount on a specific spend category
- 'calendar view' – allows you to track debit orders against payments that need to be made, making it easy to view weekly, monthly or yearly transactions, ensuring that you have always planned to have sufficient funds available.
"At Nedbank, we're committed to empowering South Africans to achieve their financial goals. Secure, easy-to-use PFM tools that provide insight into one's full financial picture are essential to consumers' financial fitness," said Ingrid Johnson, Group Managing Executive Retail and Business Banking at Nedbank. "Yodlee helps make PFM a seamless, highly-secure experience for consumers at all stages of financial life."
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
Softworx launches African growth initiativeEOH Company and Infor Master Partner, Softworx has launched the Africa Partner Network (Softworx APN) to channel Infor software sales and consulting services throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. Read More
IBM Announces First Commercial Application of IBM Watson in AfricaIBM and Metropolitan Health have announced the first commercial application of Watson in Africa. IBM's Watson is a groundbreaking computing platform able to interact in natural language. Read More
ATIO to introduce voice biometrics to their customers through partnership with OneVaultSpecialist ICT Services Provider ATIO has announced that they have partnered with voice biometric authentication service provider OneVault to offer innovative voice biometric solutions to their customers. Read More
Samsung revolutionises digital signageSamsung Electronics South Africa announces the availability of Smart Signage TV, a revolutionary new device designed for small and medium businesses (SMBs) and small office/home office (SOHO) owners. Read More
averda looks to clean more cities in Africaaverda, a global provider of innovative integrated waste management services, has showcased its new equipment dedicated to serve Casablanca. Read More
CA delivers latest SaaS-based enterprise mobility management with Zero-Day support for iOS 8CA Southern Africa has confirmed that CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is continuing to transform enterprises into being “Mobile First” with the release of its SaaS-based Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution suite and providing zero-day support for iOS 8 across mobile device, application, content and email management. Read More
Orange Business Services launches worldwide location services for Machine to Machine SIM cardsThe new Machine to Machine (M2M) worldwide geolocation offering from Orange Business Services provides real-time location tracking of corporate assets and equipment anywhere in the world via cellular networks, regardless of the operator. Read More
Solarcentury to build the largest carport solar system in AfricaSolarcentury is to design and construct Africa’s largest solar carport on the uppermost storey of a car park at Garden City Mall, part of the new 32-acre integrated residential, retail park, hotel and office development on Nairobi’s Thika Superhighway. Read More
Pamoja, the platform of choice for DHLRUBiQ, a Cloud solution that is run on Cloud platform infrastructure from leading Cloud services company Pamoja, has served as the platform of choice to expand DHL’s global back office systems. Preliminary testing has revealed that the project has been successful. Read More
PayPal announces collaboration with PayGate in South AfricaWith the announcement of a partnership between PayPal and local payment service provider PayGate, it is now easier than ever for merchants to accept online payments in South Africa. Read More
FEATURED STORYGrowing African focus on data security
Beachhead Solutions’ new SA and Mauritius country manager explains the challenges and solutions around securing customer data and compliance with new personal information legislation.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHAfrica lags on digital migration
Only three African countries have so far completed the digital migration process, and serious issues are hampering the migration in other nations.
COMPANY NEWSCNN, MultiChoice name top African Journalist 2014
Kenyan journalist Joseph Mathenge has been awarded the top prize at this year’s CNN MultiChoice African Journalist 2014 Awards Ceremony.