SA bank takes personal financial management online
INDUSTRY| Sept. 6, 2012, 10:10 a.m.
Yodlee today announced a partnership with South African bank Nedbank to power personal financial management (PFM) solutions for their customers throughout South Africa and in their offshore locations.
Nedbank's MyFinancialLife™ online offering is now available and, via Yodlee's account aggregation technology, consumers can calculate their net worth, analyze spending, budget, save for goals and more. Nedbank is Yodlee's first financial institution partner in South Africa, breaking new ground in providing personal financial management solutions to customers directly from a bank.
"PFM is a relatively new concept in South Africa, but we have seen rapid adoption and consumer acceptance of aggregation-powered money management services," said Bill Parsons, head of global sales at Yodlee. "Through partnerships with leading institutions like Nedbank, we're getting significant traction in South Africa and are thrilled to bring smart PFM tools to over five million more consumers."
Yodlee's account aggregation technology links account information from banks and non-banking service providers in a highly-secure environment. Nedbank's MyFinancialLife is a flexible, free PFM solution for individuals, families and micro-businesses.
At launch, MyFinancialLife™ provides six main functions to users, who can customize their dashboard in line with their individual financial interests & requirements:
- 'net worth calculation' – consolidated view of your financial position, based on financial accounts linked or non-financial assets added manually; for Nedbank clients this will be pre-populated for most Nedbank accounts.
- 'spend analysis' - graphical depiction of spend based on the categorized card and electronic transactions. Initially a manual intervention, the system will automatically recognize all your transactions repeated with the same supplier.
- 'budgeting' – budgeting functionality that allows you to track your actual spend against your planned spend.
- 'saving for a goal' – a goal-save tool that allows you to set goals, categorise them, choose an amount you would like to save during a specific timeframe - and then calculates how much should be put aside to meet your goal – such as saving for a holiday, education or buying a new car.
- 'alerts' - alerts, set on budgeting or goal-save functions according to individual needs, to be sent via e-mail or SMS. You can, for instance, set up alerts when 50% of your allowed credit card limit has been reached or when you have exceeded a budgeted amount on a specific spend category
- 'calendar view' – allows you to track debit orders against payments that need to be made, making it easy to view weekly, monthly or yearly transactions, ensuring that you have always planned to have sufficient funds available.
"At Nedbank, we're committed to empowering South Africans to achieve their financial goals. Secure, easy-to-use PFM tools that provide insight into one's full financial picture are essential to consumers' financial fitness," said Ingrid Johnson, Group Managing Executive Retail and Business Banking at Nedbank. "Yodlee helps make PFM a seamless, highly-secure experience for consumers at all stages of financial life."
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
Ericsson launches Wi-Fi calling for multi-deviceEricsson recently announced the addition of a new functionality, Wi-Fi calling for multi-device, to the existing Ericsson Wi-Fi calling solution. Read More
Cohesive Networks’ customers secure complex networks across cloud environmentsAfrican SMS provider MTech Communications has connected national and trans-national telecom carriers across the cloud with secure overlay networks. MTech built the solution with no dedicated physical infrastructure with Cohesive Networks’ cloud-class security and networking software, allowing a remarkably cost effective integration service. Read More
WD expands performance level desktop hard drives to 6 TBWD, a Western Digital company and leader in hard drives, has announced the expansion of its award-winning WD Black line of performance hard drives up to 6 TB capacity. Read More
Schneider Electric, Steelcor Power sign world’s first Premset manufacturing partnership agreementSchneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, has entered into a production partnership agreement with Steelcor Power (Pty) Ltd, a South African manufacturer of electrical products, to produce its next generation of smart grid-ready, medium voltage (MV) switchgear, Premset. Read More
Q-KON SA and Sonus boost Skype for BusinessSonus Networks’ NaaS IQ network controller, part of the Sonus Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution, has been successfully integrated with Microsoft’s Skype for Business. Read More
BICS launches dynamic IP over Satellite solution to revolutionise coverage provision in AfricaBICS has launched RouteFlex, which enables the flexible prioritisation of data traffic to ensure reliable connectivity in some of the world’s most challenging environments. Read More
Silvertree invests over R20m in first seven months of 2015Cape Town-based Silvertree Internet Holdings has invested over R20m in existing and new consumer-focused technology companies in the first seven months of 2015, and has enjoyed month-on-month revenue growth of over 10% across the portfolio in 2015, and as much as 40% monthly for some ventures. Read More
WestconGroup Southern Africa and Aruba Networks in distribution partnershipA new distribution agreement will bring Aruba Networks’ product line to the Southern African region. Read More
Access Bank chooses CA Technologies to help enhance customer experienceAccess Bank, one of Nigeria's premier financial institutions, has deployed a range of CA Technologies solutions, from CA Southern Africa, aimed at taking service management to even higher levels; boosting customer service and enriching clients’ experiences through better technology availability. Read More
Elitecore Wi-Fi SMP enables a leading NEP for multiple carrier Wi-Fi rollouts in AfricaElitecore Technologies, a global provider of Wi-Fi Service Management Platform (SMP) announces that a global Network Equipment Provider (NEP) has selected Elitecore Wi-Fi SMP for its SP Wi-Fi projects which are operational across 10 countries in Africa. Read More
FEATURED STORYConnectivity critical for Nigeria's ICT sector, says SES chief
Connectivity is vital for any country to fully optimise the huge potential of cyberspace, SES Sales Manager for West Africa Joy Nma Emenike tells Kokumo Goodie.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHHigh tech homes: Just press play
High tech, digital homes where everything is automated and connected aren’t the stuff of science fiction any longer, says BNC Technology.