MCI introduces its Managed Services
INDUSTRYBy BiztechAfrica - Aug. 18, 2012, 10:23 a.m.
MCI Consultants has announced its Managed Services capabilities that have emanated from its Networking and Communications department.
Managed services enables IT automation and facilitates a pro-active approach to improved operations and customer satisfaction. These services utilise technology that is lightweight and very efficient, resulting in an excellent value proposition for customers. Managed Services enables IT professionals to offer extended service capabilities with better service delivery.
The managed services provide capabilities that impact many aspects of an IT operation. These include the areas of:
- Audit and inventory, where for instance, any hardware, software or system changes are logged;
- Software deployment and updating, where for example, software is automatically updated as new versions are introduced and approved;
- Patch management, where networks are scanned for installed and missing security patches that ensures that all systems are protected including remote users on laptops and workstations;
- Agent procedures, where a pro-active service delivery capability is created that would result in increased productivity, consistent service levels, better utilisation of staff, expanded service capabilities and cost reductions;
- Monitoring, where proactive monitoring of servers, workstations, remote computers and the Windows Event log is undertaken;
- Help desk ticketing, where a comprehensive and integrated help desk and ticketing system, which helps easily track and resolve issues quickly is established; and,
- Reporting, where complete and integrated management reports can be scheduled for automatic distribution
“There are some significant benefits to be gained from exploiting managed services,” commented Aliki Droussiotis, Director MCI Consultants. “For instance, they reduce IT costs; they minimise downtime; the remote support provided improves the response times to issues that may arise; and, no staff training is necessary.”
“We are continually reviewing and extending all the products and services that we provide from MCI Consultants,” concluded Droussiotis. “As part of these on-going activities we evaluate feedback from our client base, and when appropriate, try to incorporate these suggestions into our product and services portfolios.”
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
Business Connexion achieves 2nd tier datacentre certification for SA datacentreThe Uptime Institute, The Global Data Centre Authority, has awarded Business Connexion its 2nd Tier IV datacentre certification for its New Road Data Centre 2 (NDC2). Read More
Store, stream and share on your tablet or smartphoneStore, stream and share on your tablet or smartphone with the Verbatim MediaShare Wireless from DCC. Read More
AccTech Namibia crowned as Sage ERP Africa’s top Namibian PartnerAccTech Namibia, a regional alliance partner of Sage Premier Partner AccTech Systems, was recently crowned Namibia’s top business partner at the Sage ERP Africa’s annual partner conference. Read More
Huawei opens its first store in AfricaHuawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, has announced the launch of its first store in Africa. Read More
SAP unveils next step for the cloud powered by SAP HANACustomers Can Now Benefit from New Pricing and Access to the SAP HANA® Platform; SAP HANA Marketplace Simplifies Discovery, Purchase and Deployment. Read More
MTN SA standardises international call ratesMTN South Africa has standardised international call rates across its prepaid, top up, and contract price plans. Read More
First National Bank Chooses 1E to Lower Energy Consumption1E has announced that First National Bank (FNB) of South Africa has selected NightWatchman Enterprise to reduce energy consumption, on its estate of 8,500 workstations, during peak demand times, overnight and during weekends. Read More
Attix5, Pamoja at the epicentre of cloud service to AfricaGlobal provider of data protection software and cloud solutions, Attix5, says it is using its strategic partnership with Pamoja, the Cloud services business unit of Pan-African ICT enabler SEACOM, to meet an increasing need for cloud services across Africa. Read More
10 Gigabit switches perfect for Africa’s SMBsNetgear has brought to market the first affordable 10 Gigabit switch aimed at the SMB. Read More
Nokia introduces wealth of innovative smartphones at Johannesburg showcaseNokia has announced the arrival of its first 6-inch Lumia smartphone in South Africa, the Nokia Lumia 1520. Read More
FEATURED STORYMACRA demystifies spectrum management
Malawi's regulator explains the issues around spectrum allocation. Gregory Gondwe reports.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHYouthConnekt launches Mobile Apps for Human Development Challenge in Rwanda
Rwanda’s Ministry of Youth and ICT and the UNDP, in close collaboration with Motorola Solutions, will power a Mobile App Challenge that will be implemented by YouthConnekt.