MCI introduces its Managed Services
INDUSTRYBy BiztechAfrica - Aug. 18, 2012, 10:23 a.m.
MCI Consultants has announced its Managed Services capabilities that have emanated from its Networking and Communications department.
Managed services enables IT automation and facilitates a pro-active approach to improved operations and customer satisfaction. These services utilise technology that is lightweight and very efficient, resulting in an excellent value proposition for customers. Managed Services enables IT professionals to offer extended service capabilities with better service delivery.
The managed services provide capabilities that impact many aspects of an IT operation. These include the areas of:
- Audit and inventory, where for instance, any hardware, software or system changes are logged;
- Software deployment and updating, where for example, software is automatically updated as new versions are introduced and approved;
- Patch management, where networks are scanned for installed and missing security patches that ensures that all systems are protected including remote users on laptops and workstations;
- Agent procedures, where a pro-active service delivery capability is created that would result in increased productivity, consistent service levels, better utilisation of staff, expanded service capabilities and cost reductions;
- Monitoring, where proactive monitoring of servers, workstations, remote computers and the Windows Event log is undertaken;
- Help desk ticketing, where a comprehensive and integrated help desk and ticketing system, which helps easily track and resolve issues quickly is established; and,
- Reporting, where complete and integrated management reports can be scheduled for automatic distribution
“There are some significant benefits to be gained from exploiting managed services,” commented Aliki Droussiotis, Director MCI Consultants. “For instance, they reduce IT costs; they minimise downtime; the remote support provided improves the response times to issues that may arise; and, no staff training is necessary.”
“We are continually reviewing and extending all the products and services that we provide from MCI Consultants,” concluded Droussiotis. “As part of these on-going activities we evaluate feedback from our client base, and when appropriate, try to incorporate these suggestions into our product and services portfolios.”
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
CommVault expands services to Rackspace to power managed backup servicesCommVault has extended its relationship with Rackspace® Hosting® (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, to improve managed backup services based on the latest enhancements in Simpana 10. Read More
Office365 becomes PersonalMicrosoft has announced the local availability of its latest business productivity software offering, namely Office 365 Personal. Read More
CA Technologies launches industry's first management cloud for mobilityCA Southern Africa has revealed that CA Technologies has launched the industry’s first, comprehensive Management Cloud for Mobility. Read More
Samsung expands wearable line with Samsung Gear FitThe Samsung Gear Fit, the industry’s first curved Super AMOLED wearable device has been unveiled in Ghana by at the official media launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Read More
Azanuru launches new cloud solutionsAzanuru has launched two new cloud solutions aimed at expanding the cloud options for businesses in Kenya. Read More
Nomanini expands Southern African operationsNomanini has announced the expansion of its Southern African operations after securing a partnership with a distributor of mobile prepaid in Mozambique. Read More
Vodafone Egypt selects OpenCloudOpenCloud has announced that it has been chosen by Vodafone Egypt to provide its Rhino service-layer to enable delivery of new services. Read More
SAP offers new, free online classesSAP offers new, free online classes on SAP® Business Suite powered by SAP HANA® Read More
Axis upgrades top-of-the-line pan/tilt/zoom AXIS Q60 seriesAxis Communications has upgraded its entire top-of-the-line AXIS Q60 PTZ Dome Network Camera Series for improved image quality, light sensitivity and enhanced capacity for intelligent video. Read More
FEATURED STORYKenyan shift to Green Economy would generate USD 45bn by 2030
Kenya’s transition to a green economy could produce major economic benefits equivalent to an estimated USD 45 billion by 2030, a new study shows.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHE-waste threatens Ghana’s beaches
Many beaches in Ghana, already stressed by pollution and poor maintenance, are now facing a new threat: e-waste.
COMPANY NEWSVMware Reports First Quarter 2014 Results
VMWare has announced Year-over-Year revenue growth of 14% to $1.36 Billion in its Q114 results.