MCI introduces its Managed Services
INDUSTRYBy BiztechAfrica - Aug. 18, 2012, 10:23 a.m.
MCI Consultants has announced its Managed Services capabilities that have emanated from its Networking and Communications department.
Managed services enables IT automation and facilitates a pro-active approach to improved operations and customer satisfaction. These services utilise technology that is lightweight and very efficient, resulting in an excellent value proposition for customers. Managed Services enables IT professionals to offer extended service capabilities with better service delivery.
The managed services provide capabilities that impact many aspects of an IT operation. These include the areas of:
- Audit and inventory, where for instance, any hardware, software or system changes are logged;
- Software deployment and updating, where for example, software is automatically updated as new versions are introduced and approved;
- Patch management, where networks are scanned for installed and missing security patches that ensures that all systems are protected including remote users on laptops and workstations;
- Agent procedures, where a pro-active service delivery capability is created that would result in increased productivity, consistent service levels, better utilisation of staff, expanded service capabilities and cost reductions;
- Monitoring, where proactive monitoring of servers, workstations, remote computers and the Windows Event log is undertaken;
- Help desk ticketing, where a comprehensive and integrated help desk and ticketing system, which helps easily track and resolve issues quickly is established; and,
- Reporting, where complete and integrated management reports can be scheduled for automatic distribution
“There are some significant benefits to be gained from exploiting managed services,” commented Aliki Droussiotis, Director MCI Consultants. “For instance, they reduce IT costs; they minimise downtime; the remote support provided improves the response times to issues that may arise; and, no staff training is necessary.”
“We are continually reviewing and extending all the products and services that we provide from MCI Consultants,” concluded Droussiotis. “As part of these on-going activities we evaluate feedback from our client base, and when appropriate, try to incorporate these suggestions into our product and services portfolios.”
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
MTN Mobile Money shows double digit growth in SAMobile Money, the low-cost banking solution introduced by MTN in partnership with The South African Bank of Athens, has shown a double digit month on month growth. Read More
WD’s My Passport Ultra includes WD SmartWare Pro data protection with Dropbox integrationWestern Digital has announced the availability of the MyPassport Ultra line of portable hard drives. Read More
MTN launches campaign for MyanmarThe MTN Group has kicked off an awareness drive to demonstrate its credentials as a ‘transformation’ global mobile telecommunications mobile operator worthy of a licence in Myanmar. Read More
Enterprise-grade cloud computing, at the swipe of a cardInternet Solutions (IS) today announced the company's Public Compute-as-a-Service (CaaS) offering can now be purchased on a pay-as-you-go basis using a credit card. Read More
Samsung SA raises over R1 million for cycling community projectSamsung South Africa, a proud sponsor of Team MTN Qhubeka, is pleased to announce that it has raised over R1 million to assist the Qhubeka Bikes for Life Programme. Read More
Strong growth prompts Samsung SA to move officesSamsung South Africa has moved into a new head office to allow for more growth. Read More
Citrix expands global channel programsCitrix has announced the next generation of its Global Channel Programs. Read More
InMobi tops 691m usersMobile advertising network InMobi now has 691 million users, 37 million of them in Africa. Read More
The enemy within: why governments need a strong security solutionCA Southern Africa has highlighted Government’s need for an effective security solution. Read More
Plextor launches new enterprise grade double data protection SSD in Middle East & AfricaPlextor’s new drive features enterprise grade Double data Protection that offers high-performance and high reliability. Read More
FEATURED STORYICT opens doors for Kenyan slum dwellers
A Nairobi based group is equipping high school girls from Nairobi's slums with ICT skills to help them participate meaningfully in building the economy.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHBetting on the cloud
In Africa, an emerging ICT industry is betting its future on serving customers and businesses through cloud based applications, Riverbed Technology has told Biztechafrica.
COMPANY NEWSMost powerful and compact Samsung A3 colour and mono copiers announced
Samsung Electronics South Africa has launched its groundbreaking CLX-9201, 9251, and 9301 A3 colour and SCX-8123, CX-8128 A3 mono copiers.