MCI introduces its Managed Services
MCI Consultants has announced its Managed Services capabilities that have emanated from its Networking and Communications department.
Managed services enables IT automation and facilitates a pro-active approach to improved operations and customer satisfaction. These services utilise technology that is lightweight and very efficient, resulting in an excellent value proposition for customers. Managed Services enables IT professionals to offer extended service capabilities with better service delivery.
The managed services provide capabilities that impact many aspects of an IT operation. These include the areas of:
- Audit and inventory, where for instance, any hardware, software or system changes are logged;
- Software deployment and updating, where for example, software is automatically updated as new versions are introduced and approved;
- Patch management, where networks are scanned for installed and missing security patches that ensures that all systems are protected including remote users on laptops and workstations;
- Agent procedures, where a pro-active service delivery capability is created that would result in increased productivity, consistent service levels, better utilisation of staff, expanded service capabilities and cost reductions;
- Monitoring, where proactive monitoring of servers, workstations, remote computers and the Windows Event log is undertaken;
- Help desk ticketing, where a comprehensive and integrated help desk and ticketing system, which helps easily track and resolve issues quickly is established; and,
- Reporting, where complete and integrated management reports can be scheduled for automatic distribution
“There are some significant benefits to be gained from exploiting managed services,” commented Aliki Droussiotis, Director MCI Consultants. “For instance, they reduce IT costs; they minimise downtime; the remote support provided improves the response times to issues that may arise; and, no staff training is necessary.”
“We are continually reviewing and extending all the products and services that we provide from MCI Consultants,” concluded Droussiotis. “As part of these on-going activities we evaluate feedback from our client base, and when appropriate, try to incorporate these suggestions into our product and services portfolios.”