Liquid Telecom, GlobalReach to deliver high-performance managed Wi-Fi services across Africa
Liquid Telecom is now helping African businesses deploy and manage world-class Wi-Fi for their customers, through a new partnership with GlobalReach Technology.
Liquid Telecom’s managed Wi-Fi services are available to businesses that want enterprise-grade Wi-Fi without the worries of procuring and managing a wireless LAN service.
The GlobalReach service enables businesses offering Wi-Fi to their guests to connect and engage with these customers through a branded guest Wi-Fi experience and tap into new branding and advertising opportunities. It also offers comprehensive analytics on user demographics and engagement, enabling businesses to better understand their customers and tailor service to customer needs and behaviours.
“The partnership with GlobalReach brings the power and scale of a global Wi-Fi enabler into Liquid’s core network and data centres, allowing our customers to benefit from the latest Wi-Fi technology deployed in-country,” said David Behr, Chief Product Officer at Liquid Telecom.
The service combines connectivity from Liquid Telecom with hardware from Ruckus Wireless and a cloud-based platform from GlobalReach, which provides authentication, authorisation and accounting (AAA) and customisable captive portals. It enables the smallest cafes to the largest shopping malls and hotels to offer Wi-Fi securely to their customers without having to incur large up front installation costs.
“Wi-Fi that works for both staff and visitors is critical in the corporate environment, while reliable free Wi-Fi is also becoming an expectation of visitors and customers to many venues. Insights into customer behaviour leads to an enhanced customer experience, driving additional sales and enabling new revenue streams through proximity marketing, which in turn pays for the Wi-Fi service,” commented Ellie Hagopian, Head of Wi-Fi Strategy at Liquid Telecom.”
Liquid Telecom’s managed Wi-Fi is available for a fixed monthly fee and will be available in 8 countries across the region.
• The number of public Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide is projected to increase from 64 million in 2015 to 432 million by 2020, according to the latest Cisco Visual Networking Index.
• Liquid Telecom’s existing managed Wi-Fi customers, along with Liquid Telecom’s public Wi-Fi networks, will be migrated to the new platform powered by GlobalReach Technology over the coming months.
• The secure, scalable GlobalReach Technology platform delivers billions of sessions every year. It supports some of the largest and most advanced community, large enterprise and SMB Wi-Fi services, including LinkNYC in New York, London Underground with Virgin Media and XLN Business’ UK SMB Wi-Fi service.
• Liquid Telecom collected the ‘Best Wi-Fi Deployment to Connect the Unconnected in Rural Environment' award at the World Wi-Fi Day Awards earlier this year for its free Wi-Fi project in Nakuru County, Kenya.
• Managed Wi-Fi has emerged as a compelling solution for governments and municipalities to offer free Wi-Fi to citizens in a reliable, cost-effective manner, and use that platform to deliver e-government services.