ITU Telecom World 2012 opens in Dubai tomorrow
ITU’s annual Telecom World event kicks off in Dubai tomorrow.
The five-day conference will see hundreds of industry and government leaders gathering to discuss the biggest global issues in ICT.
ITU says the debates and discussions at TelecomWorld 2012 will focus on the radical transformation of the ICT sector, the implications for policy, technology and competitive strategy - and the importance of ensuring that connectivity in a transformed world is universal, fair, open and secure.
Driving that transformation, and providing the underlying context to all the debates, are game changers, those technologies and trends which are revolutionizing the ICT industry and the way we live, work and do business. Sessions will provide an in-depth exploration of the following core areas, each examined from the differing perspectives of policy, business and technology:
- Leadership and Innovation: fostering and managing innovation at both government and corporate level and ensuring global connectivity is achieved in as fair and transparent a manner as possible.
- Delivering Broadband: exploring the challenges for established players in expanding services and embracing complex or unorthodox business models and shifting industry dynamics.
- Beyond Connectivity: emerging opportunities, new dimensions and challenges arising from the transformed industry, including privacy, spectrum and cybersecurity.
- Smart Applications: the enablers, examples and consequences of the new connectivity, including eHealth, smart services, M2M and Cloud Computing.
- Designing the future: the shape of communication to come, including human-centric networks and converging technologies.