ITI Africa this week
The 2nd annual IT Infrastructure Africa Summit will take place from 12 to 13 July 2012 at the Westin Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa.
Hosted by international business-to-business conferencing company, Kinetic Events, the summit will focus on IT infrastructure challenges facing the African IT industry preventing enterprises within the continent from reaching international standards of first world nations.
The summit provides a unique business-to-business platform for IT executives and industry thought leaders to share experiences, network among industry peers and engage in interactive discussions with fellow senior executives, government officials, senior decision makers and international industry guest speakers. The summit will address today's top infrastructure and operations issues, and technological advancements impacting your enterprise with strategic guidance and actionable tactics.
Discover the most effective solutions in delivering IT projects and services that will enable business growth and innovation, while successfully leveraging existing resources and investments. Advance your goal of operational excellence and powerfully demonstrate the value of IT organisation to the enterprise. Attendees will actively engage in topical discussions addressing how IT infrastructure industry challenges can be overcome through effective innovation, productive alignment of business with technology, and the positive influence of active government participation.
The strategic event will feature internationally renowned guest speakers, industry topics and discussion points appropriate to Africa’s IT industry, and prompt debate among fellow industry peers through innovative and interactive workshops, best practise case studies and expert-led keynote sessions and presentations.
Guest speakers represent CIOs, government officials and IT industry leaders from all major industries; addressing industry topics including innovative tactics to best improve IT infrastructure and operations sectors, and future industry trends and technological advancements to effectively improve enterprise infrastructure.
Guest speakers include:
- Matile Malimabe - CIO, Department of Science and Technology
- Melody Fourie - Group IT Executive, Tiger Wheel & Tyre
- Melanie Burke - CEO, MAB and Associates
- Douglas Gelderbloem - Manager of ICT Infrastructure at the City of Cape Town
- Michael Twum-Darko Ph.D (UCT), MIAP, tssf - Independant IT Consultant
- Rael Lissoos - Director, VIKO
- Lloyd Jones - Executive Manager Projects for Eskom Group IT
- Jenny McKinnell - Executive Director of the Cape IT Initiative
- Darryl Thwaits - CIO, Tiger Brands
- Abraham Mahlangu, Acting CIO, City of Johannesburg
- Joseph Lebooa, Councillor, ICASA
- Lemmy Chappie, CIO, Gauteng Department of Finance and GITOC Chairman
- Malcom MacDonald, CIO, I-Net Bridge
- Bulelani Didiza, CIO, Department of Transport
- Ian du Preez, Senior Management Enterprise Architecture, Transet
- Daniel Mashao, CTO – GM for critical solutions, SITA
- Terry White, Research Director, CXO Advisor
- Jasper Horrell, General Manager Science Computing and Innovation, SKA Project
- Kiruben Pillay, CTO, Broadband Infraco
- Aiden Baigrie, Head of Business Development, SEACOM
- Karel Matthee, Research Project Director, CSIR Maraka Institute
- Derrick Plank, Service Management Consultant, ClearSpace Consulting
The event offers a unique, interactive conference agenda, featuring interactive workshops, assisted business meetings, crucial industry networking and expert-led keynote sessions, focusing on meeting enterprise IT infrastructure needs while connecting senior IT executives.
For more information visit www.itinfrastructure.co.za
Recent Computing News
Forrester’s AI Reality Check11 Apr