FT buys 94% of Mobinil

EGYPT

|
Image: By BiztechAfrica
FT buys 94% of Mobinil

France Telecom has increased its stake in Egypt’s Mobinil to 94% in a transaction valued at EGP 19 billion (USD3.15 billion).

FT owned 71.25% of Mobinil shares, while Orascom Telecom Media and Technology Holdings held the remaining 28.75%.

Orascom’s Naguib Sawiris, who founded Mobinil, will keep the remaining stake in the company.



Share the News

Get Daily Newsletter

Search News

comments powered by Disqus

MORE EGYPT NEWS

Mobinil becomes Orange in Egypt

Orange has announced the launch of the Orange brand in Egypt, where the Orange brand now replaces the Mobinil brand.  Read More

Egypt to launch digital hub to help Africa better track and control disease outbreaks

A new African Health Data and Disease Control Hub will serve as a data, information and communication portal for African citizens, governments and institutions. Read More

Egyptian tech firms expand African footprint with potential deals worth $7m

Egypt’s Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA) helped setting out a number of partnership protocols and concluding business agreements between Egyptian companies and 17 leading African telecom companies, financial institutions and ICT enterprises, in 6 different African countries. Read More

Eaton Towers signs pivotal agreement in Egypt

Eaton Towers has raised $350 million in new equity resources and signed the first independent tower deal in Egypt. Read More

Egypt, MasterCard sign MoU to drive financial inclusion

The Government of Egypt, represented by The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, and MasterCard have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to establish a strategic collaboration that will help drive financial inclusion and maximize government efficiency.  Read More

What Egypt’s telcos can learn from the Etisalat website hack

Infoblox says Etisalat’s Doman Name System (DNS) compromise could easily happen to others. Read More

Public sector bodies in Egypt need framework for e-government services

Understanding how to adopt the right processes to enable collaboration with consolidation has become a key consideration in moves to e-government in Egypt, says Brocade.  Read More

Egyptian revival spurs MEA PC market growth

The PC market in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region grew 2.1 per cent year-on-year in the third quarter of 2014, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC), spurred by the revival of the Egyptian market and two significant education deals in Pakistan.   Read More

Vodafone Egypt to enhance network quality in Greater Cairo

Vodafone Egypt has extended its partnership with Ericsson to improve connectivity and network quality covering greater Cairo. Read More

Egypt’s ISPs positioned to deliver DDoS protection

ISPs in Egypt are uniquely positioned to offer DDoS protection services, says Arbor Networks. Read More

PRESS OFFICES

Sage EnterpriseSAP AfricaTrust PayVMWareSamsung ElectronicsMitsumi DistributionPhoenix DistributionMTN BusinessSchneider ElectricMultichoiceMicrosoft 4AfrikaNetworks UnlimitedArbor NetworksEricssonTigo Ghana

FEATURED STORY

Government should encourage youths in ICT earlyGovernment should encourage youths in ICT early

Youths should be given more encouragement to develop their ICT skills, an 11-year-old app developer told Kokumo Goodie.

IN DEPTH

IBM Opens First Cloud Data Centre in South AfricaIBM Opens First Cloud Data Centre in South Africa

IBM is opening a new IBM Cloud Data Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa. The new cloud center is the result of a close collaboration with Gijima and Vodacom and is designed to support cloud adoption and customer demand across the continent.  

COMPANY NEWS

Tigo, JI and GES equip teachers on child online protection initiative

Tigo, in partnership with J Initiative (JI), a youth focused non-governmental organisation in Ghana, have committed to protecting children online through policy advocacy, awareness creation, public education ...