China’s Africa Centre nears completion
An African business and culture centre in Shanghai, China, is set to open later this year, with representation of at least 30 African countries.
The Africa Centre is part of Shanghai’s new Touchroad Diamond Innovation Park, set to be opened by September this year.
The Park covers an area of 38,000 m2. The construction area covers 130,000 m2 with 1,000 underground parking spaces. The park is composed of nine 5A-Level comprehensive buildings of high intelligence. There is also a helipad to provide pickup service for our distinguished guests.
"Africa Center" is an important part of Touchroad Diamond Innovation Park, say its developers. More than 30 governments from African countries have agreed to set up consulates, representative offices of government and private enterprises in the "Africa Center".
Touchroad Diamond Innovation Park and Africa Center are invested in by Touchroad International Holdings Group. Touchroad founder He Liehui says Africa Centre will be unique in China, serving as a "one-stop" cultural and economical exchange platform.
The park has a complete set of facilitates including an international convention center, five-star hotel, shopping mall, restaurants, expo center, service apartment, medical center, etc.
The "Africa Center" will maintain the following functions:
- African Visa Application Centre: With the guidance of African embassies in China, the centre will collect, screen and verify all the visa applicants' files and approve visas. This is intended to make the visa application procedure more effective and ease the workload on embassies.
- African Investment and Trade Promotion Centre: This Center will be dedicated to providing detailed and up to date investment information to Chinese investors. The Centre will also assist in pairing, scheduling and arranging meetings with the relevant parties in the countries where the business traveler is destined. This center is now open to the public.
- African Culture and Art Centre
- African Tourism Promotion Centre
- African Expo Centre: Through pictures and exhibits, African business, arts and culture will be on show to the people of China.
Recent Business News
FibreCo names new CEO6 Oct