Adobe’s New Generation Acrobat XI with cloud services
INDUSTRY| Oct. 8, 2012, 11 a.m.
Southern African Adobe distributor Dax Data has announced the release of Adobe Acrobat XI software with cloud services, a powerful new solution that rises to today’s complex document challenges for creating, consuming, sharing and securing PDF content across multiple devices and platforms.
The explosion of digital documents in the workplace has created new challenges for productivity. The new Acrobat XI family includes Acrobat XI, Adobe Reader XI and newly integrated document services, Adobe FormsCentral and Adobe EchoSign.
The industry standard for PDF software will now feature complete PDF editing and export to Microsoft PowerPoint; touch-friendly capabilities on tablets; and newly integrated cloud services, including sophisticated Web contracting with Adobe EchoSign and forms creation, data collection and analysis with Adobe FormsCentral.
“Document security is an important aspect of the new release. Acrobat XI offers advanced document protection capabilities and allows organisations to set default document security properties such as password protection or printing and copying restrictions, thereby helping organisations standardise document security." says Jeremy Matthews, MD of Dax Data. Acrobat XI’s easy deployment, applications virtualisation and robust application security help provide a low cost of ownership and sound return on investment.
Acrobat XI additionally supports IT departments with seamless Microsoft Office and SharePoint integration. “PDF and Microsoft Office files are part of our everyday business workflow. The combination of Acrobat XI and Office allows users to move content from Office to Acrobat and back again with ease, avoiding the headaches associated with content stored in different file types", says Dax Data’s Marketing Manager, Dominic Richardson.
“The compounding complexity of work has never been more pressing. As the number of mobile devices and the use of cloud services surge, information workers must be empowered to work more effectively with documents anywhere on any device,” said Melissa Webster, program vice president, IDC. “They need a solution that enables them to collaborate with others inside and outside the firewall while at the same time meeting IT and organisational requirements for streamlined management, application security, and secure delivery of information – all with a high ROI.”
With Adobe Acrobat XI, new and improved features and functionality for business professionals now include:
- Efficient editing of PDF files using new intuitive Edit Text and Images tool. Visual merging of multiple documents into a single organised PDF file, while retaining source file integrity.
- Adobe Echosign’s electronic signature service. The Adobe FormsCentral desktop app simplifies forms creation, distribution and results analysis.
- Enhanced mobile capabilities which facilitate working with PDF files across tablets and smartphones in touch-friendly Adobe Reader to annotate and add comments, as well as fill in, sign and save forms.
- The capability to save PDF documents as PowerPoint, Word or Excel eliminating the need to retype or reformat.
- Improved protection of all PDF files created from Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel to help prevent copying, editing, or printing without permission.
The new and improved IT features and functionality now enable IT professionals to:
- Standardise on an easy to use, full-featured, consistent, trusted PDF Reader now with full support for iPads and Android tablets. Additionally, deliver Acrobat XI and Reader XI as a centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual application with new support for Microsoft App-V via Citrix XenApp.
- Integrate Adobe Acrobat XI more seamlessly with Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint, thereby enabling users to do more with PDF in an Office or SharePoint environment.
- Streamline deployment and maintenance with free Adobe tools to aid configuration and installation, as well as enhanced support for Microsoft SSCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop.
Adobe Acrobat XI will be released shortly as a boxed or licensed product with educational, government and upgrade pricing available. Acrobat XI will be available from Dax Data’s network of partners.
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
iWayAfrica Zimbabwe achieves Cisco Certified Partner StatusiWayAfrica Zimbabwe, a Gondwana International Network (GIN) company has been awarded its Cisco Select Certified Partner status. Read More
GSMA case study: Nomanini enables rapid, reliable prepaid retail in informal marketsA new case study from GSMA has highlighted the Nomanini mobile point of sale terminal and cloud-based distribution platform. Read More
Citrix, Google enhance enterprise security and management of Android devicesXenMobile Supports Android for Work; Extends Citrix Leadership in Secure Mobile Workspace Solutions for the Broadest Array of Devices. Read More
Make life easier for your customers with recurring paymentsMerchants should implement recurring payments within their businesses to improve their own cash flow and reduce costs, but automatic billing can also help build customer loyalty through the added convenience. Read More
Accelya Solution to help Air Namibia to manage costs and profitabilityAir Namibia expands relationship with Accelya; selects cost management and flight profitability solutions. Read More
Wipro Invests R3.8 million in skills development, job creation in SAWipro Ltd, a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, has announced an investment of R3.8 million towards skills development and job creation in South Africa. Read More
Airtel Niger selects Ericsson for 3G network deploymentAirtel, Niger’s leading mobile service provider has named Ericsson as their exclusive 3G HSPA end-to-end hardware, software and related service vendor in Niger Republic. Read More
Orange Mali upgrades WiMAX infrastructureOrange Mali recently selected Alepo to enhance its WiMAX core infrastructure via Alepo’s high-performance AAA infrastructure. Read More
CommVault, Crayon partner to bring data management software to EMEA cloud service providersCommVault has announced that its data management platform would be available via EMEA cloud hosting partners through a new strategic aggregator partnership with Crayon, a global leader in service provider licensing, management and consultancy. Read More
Printronix announces partnership with Talk TechnologyPrintronix, a leading manufacturer of line printing solutions has signed an African distribution partnership for Africa with IT distributor Talk Technology. Read More
FEATURED STORY2bn priced out of internet access
A new report from the Alliance for Affordable Internet shows that the price of broadband remains prohibitive for billions in developing and emerging countries, with women and rural dwellers hardest hit.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHKenya’s digital TV battle hots up
Kenya’s journey to Digital TV broadcasting took a new turn this week, when the Communication Authority of Kenya (CAK) accused three local media firms of intent to disrupt the process.