Adobe’s New Generation Acrobat XI with cloud services
INDUSTRYBy BiztechAfrica - Oct. 8, 2012, 11 a.m.
Southern African Adobe distributor Dax Data has announced the release of Adobe Acrobat XI software with cloud services, a powerful new solution that rises to today’s complex document challenges for creating, consuming, sharing and securing PDF content across multiple devices and platforms.
The explosion of digital documents in the workplace has created new challenges for productivity. The new Acrobat XI family includes Acrobat XI, Adobe Reader XI and newly integrated document services, Adobe FormsCentral and Adobe EchoSign.
The industry standard for PDF software will now feature complete PDF editing and export to Microsoft PowerPoint; touch-friendly capabilities on tablets; and newly integrated cloud services, including sophisticated Web contracting with Adobe EchoSign and forms creation, data collection and analysis with Adobe FormsCentral.
“Document security is an important aspect of the new release. Acrobat XI offers advanced document protection capabilities and allows organisations to set default document security properties such as password protection or printing and copying restrictions, thereby helping organisations standardise document security." says Jeremy Matthews, MD of Dax Data. Acrobat XI’s easy deployment, applications virtualisation and robust application security help provide a low cost of ownership and sound return on investment.
Acrobat XI additionally supports IT departments with seamless Microsoft Office and SharePoint integration. “PDF and Microsoft Office files are part of our everyday business workflow. The combination of Acrobat XI and Office allows users to move content from Office to Acrobat and back again with ease, avoiding the headaches associated with content stored in different file types", says Dax Data’s Marketing Manager, Dominic Richardson.
“The compounding complexity of work has never been more pressing. As the number of mobile devices and the use of cloud services surge, information workers must be empowered to work more effectively with documents anywhere on any device,” said Melissa Webster, program vice president, IDC. “They need a solution that enables them to collaborate with others inside and outside the firewall while at the same time meeting IT and organisational requirements for streamlined management, application security, and secure delivery of information – all with a high ROI.”
With Adobe Acrobat XI, new and improved features and functionality for business professionals now include:
- Efficient editing of PDF files using new intuitive Edit Text and Images tool. Visual merging of multiple documents into a single organised PDF file, while retaining source file integrity.
- Adobe Echosign’s electronic signature service. The Adobe FormsCentral desktop app simplifies forms creation, distribution and results analysis.
- Enhanced mobile capabilities which facilitate working with PDF files across tablets and smartphones in touch-friendly Adobe Reader to annotate and add comments, as well as fill in, sign and save forms.
- The capability to save PDF documents as PowerPoint, Word or Excel eliminating the need to retype or reformat.
- Improved protection of all PDF files created from Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel to help prevent copying, editing, or printing without permission.
The new and improved IT features and functionality now enable IT professionals to:
- Standardise on an easy to use, full-featured, consistent, trusted PDF Reader now with full support for iPads and Android tablets. Additionally, deliver Acrobat XI and Reader XI as a centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual application with new support for Microsoft App-V via Citrix XenApp.
- Integrate Adobe Acrobat XI more seamlessly with Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint, thereby enabling users to do more with PDF in an Office or SharePoint environment.
- Streamline deployment and maintenance with free Adobe tools to aid configuration and installation, as well as enhanced support for Microsoft SSCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop.
Adobe Acrobat XI will be released shortly as a boxed or licensed product with educational, government and upgrade pricing available. Acrobat XI will be available from Dax Data’s network of partners.
MORE INDUSTRY NEWS
IBM Tackles Big Data Challenges with Open Server Innovation ModelIBM has debuted new Power Systems servers that allow data centers to manage staggering data requirements with unprecedented speed, all built on an open server platform. Read More
Data centres for Africa – the Huawei Container Data Centre Solution from DCCThe new Huawei Container Data Centre Solution from distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC) offers a complete, cost effective data centre solution packaged in a mobile shipping container. Read More
CommVault expands services to Rackspace to power managed backup servicesCommVault has extended its relationship with Rackspace® Hosting® (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, to improve managed backup services based on the latest enhancements in Simpana 10. Read More
Office365 becomes PersonalMicrosoft has announced the local availability of its latest business productivity software offering, namely Office 365 Personal. Read More
CA Technologies launches industry's first management cloud for mobilityCA Southern Africa has revealed that CA Technologies has launched the industry’s first, comprehensive Management Cloud for Mobility. Read More
Samsung expands wearable line with Samsung Gear FitThe Samsung Gear Fit, the industry’s first curved Super AMOLED wearable device has been unveiled in Ghana by at the official media launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Read More
Azanuru launches new cloud solutionsAzanuru has launched two new cloud solutions aimed at expanding the cloud options for businesses in Kenya. Read More
Nomanini expands Southern African operationsNomanini has announced the expansion of its Southern African operations after securing a partnership with a distributor of mobile prepaid in Mozambique. Read More
Vodafone Egypt selects OpenCloudOpenCloud has announced that it has been chosen by Vodafone Egypt to provide its Rhino service-layer to enable delivery of new services. Read More
FEATURED STORYKenyan shift to Green Economy would generate USD 45bn by 2030
Kenya’s transition to a green economy could produce major economic benefits equivalent to an estimated USD 45 billion by 2030, a new study shows.
BEST READ NEWS
IN DEPTHE-waste threatens Ghana’s beaches
Many beaches in Ghana, already stressed by pollution and poor maintenance, are now facing a new threat: e-waste.
COMPANY NEWSMTN makes it onto World Champions list
MTN Group has been named as the only South African company on the World Champions list.VMware Reports First Quarter 2014 Results
VMWare has announced Year-over-Year revenue growth of 14% to $1.36 Billion in its Q114 results.